1. The volunteer must fully complete and submit the application prior to arrival to ensure adequate planning from the organization’s side.
2. The volunteer must arrange and pay for their own travel, specifically all airfare and transport costs to and from Kenya.
3. The volunteer is responsible for carrying all necessary, valid, and up to date documents when traveling to Kenya.
4. Fountain Youth Initiative does not provide the volunteer with insurance of any kind, but strongly encourages the volunteer to purchase travel insurance prior to departing for the trip.
5. The volunteer will contribute $8/day to the host family for room and board which will consist of 3 meals per day and laundry once per week on the weekend. This amount can be paid on a day by day basis, weekly, or monthly.
6. The volunteer is responsible for covering their own costs for entertainment, internet, and medical bills. Fountain Youth Initiative strongly recommends the volunteer to bring their own personal computers and necessary plug adaptors.
7. Due to Fountain Youth Initiative’s small profit margin, the organization does not provide a refund policy.
8. The volunteer is expected to carry out assigned duties effectively to ensure the organization achieves anticipated objectives. The project manager at the organization will always be available for clarification.
9. The volunteer is expected to prepare and submit a final reports 2 days prior to the end of their term at the organization.
10. The volunteer acknowledges and accepts the responsibilities and risks associated with their agreement to travel to, temporarily live in and provide volunteer services in a developing country. Such travel and volunteer work can be often hazardous and involves a certain degree of risk and dangerous activities, both foreseen and unforeseen, all of which are fully accepted by and assumed by the volunteer. Fountain Youth Initiative, including any and all of its employees, managers, directors, shareholders, host families and host country partner organizations are not liable for any loss or harm the volunteer or associates may suffer, including but not limited to loss caused directly or indirectly by personal injury, emotional injury, death, illness or disease, damage to or loss of property, hostage situations, or war/terrorism.
11. The volunteer agrees to indemnify Fountain Youth Initiative against any and all liability which Fountain Youth Initiative incurs arising directly or indirectly out of, or in connection (in any way) with, the volunteer’s travel to, living in and providing services in the volunteer’s organization.
12. The volunteer must abide by the rules put in place by Fountain Youth Initiative’s institution and host family in regards to alcohol consumption. Drug use unless prescribed by a doctor is strictly prohibited. Any violation of the rules regarding alcohol consumption and drug use will result in instant dismissal from the program with no refund.
13. The volunteer agrees to comply with the organization’s code of conduct.
14. Fountain Youth Initiative and its partner organizations reserve the right to dismiss the volunteer from the program.
The management of Fountain Youth Initiative wishes you a resourceful and enjoyable stay.